Makati City is now requiring the registration of pet dogs & cats of their residents. Last day of registration is on April 17, 2010.
At the bottom of this post are the scanned registration form & its attachments
You can get a copy of the forms from your barangay. If you live in a condo, your building admin would most probably have a few copies.
Requirements for registration
- P100 registration fee per pet (for 2010 only)
- Two photos of pet, side view, 4R size
- Filled up registration form
- Rabies vaccination, if unvaccinated
- Certificate of Anti-Rabies Vaccination, if vaccinated by a private vet
- Spaying/Neutering Certification, if spayed/neutered
- Special permit from the City Animal Registrar for those with excess number of pets (in excess of 2 adult dogs and 3 adult cats)
Penalties for not registering
- 1st offense: P1,000
- 2nd offense: P1,500
- 3rd offense: P2,000 and confiscation of the animal
Other notes & interesting bullets re the attachments
I am tempted to be quite skeptical about this, & briefly wondered if this is another bunch of paperwork to make it appear that the government is doing its job. And I did doubt its implementation.
But the pet owner in me can’t help but cross her fingers & hope for the best.
- Each household in Makati City is only allowed a maximum of 2 adult dogs & 3 adult cats
- The ordinances protect the pets (requires us to take care of them & prevent any form of cruelty) and other people from your pets (frequent barks, destruction of property, biting, etc.)
- There is a penalty for walking the pet without a leash (P1,000)
- There is a penalty for not displaying the dog/cat tag (P1,000). I’m assuming this is the tag that is to be issued by Makati City.
- There are minimum size requirements for pets kept in kennels/cages
- Registered animals have discount on laboratory fees, plus freee tick & worm treatment once a year
- Dogs are not allowed to be traded for meat. And that’s now on paper.
- There is an Animal Control Facility that is established or to be established. The attachment listed down the prices of lab fees. Dirt cheap!
- There is a discount in some penalties if you submit your pet for neutering/spaying
- Breeding of docs/cats for commerical processes is not allowed in the barangay of Bel-Air